• ACCESSING LIVE LESSONS WITH ZOOM
We use Zoom for live lessons, so make sure you’re logged in with your school-assigned email address. If you haven’t already, you can download the Zoom Client for Meetings app on your computer by clicking here.
How to access live lessons with Zoom
- When accessing a course through the school portal, click on a link to a live lesson.
- Google might ask you to Choose an account. If so, select your school-assigned Gmail account. This address should end in myschool.email.
- That’s it! If you’re a Chromebook user or experiencing issues, please read on.
I’m a Chromebook user…
Zoom works a little differently on Chromebooks. Here’s what you need to know:
- When you click on a live lesson link and it’s your first time, you might be prompted to Add Zoom to Chrome. It’s a good idea and it will make getting in to future lessons easier.
- VERY IMPORTANT: When you see the Join a meeting screen pictured above, just type in your name and click Join. Do NOT click the Sign In tab at the top right. Now that I told you not to, you may be tempted to try but trust me, it’s not a fun path and it doesn’t lead to your teacher’s smiling face.
- The good news is, for future classes it should let you in right away.
Error 403 – “App not configured for user”
If you receive this error code, sign out of all other Gmail accounts and log back in with only your school-assigned Gmail account. You can do this with two quick steps:
- At Gmail.com from your computer, click on the circular profile image at the top right then select Sign out or Sign out of all accounts.
- Sign back in with your school-assigned Gmail account that ends in myschool.email.
My school-assigned email isn’t showing up under Choose an account…
- If you don’t see your school-assigned email address when Google prompts you to Choose an account, just select Use another account and sign in using your school-assigned Gmail account.
I can’t remember my school-assigned email or password…
- Don’t worry, it happens to all of us. Just give us a call or send us an email – we’ll get you back in pronto!
How do I sign in to the Zoom app on my computer?
- Open the Zoom app on your computer and click the button to sign in with Google. This will open a tab on your web browser to log in/select your school email account.
- If you are already logged in to another account with Zoom, click on the circular profile image at the top right of the Zoom app and select Sign Out. Refer to step one to sign in with Google.